For a chuckle
Top 10 Things NOT to say when asked “What?! No school today?”
10. Well normally yes, but this time of year I need help with the planting and plowing.
9. Goodness, no!!! I graduated 18 years ago, but thanks for the compliment!
8. No, we homeschool. We’re just out to pick up a bag of pork rinds and some Mountain Dew, then we gotta hurry home to catch our soaps.
7. What?! Where did you guys come from?! Oh my gosh! I thought I told you kids to stay at school! I’m sorry. This happens all the time. (sigh)
6. There isn’t? Why, you’d think we would have seen more kids out then, don’t you?
5. We’re on a field trip studying human nature’s intrusive and assumptive tactics of displaying ignorance and implied superiority. Thanks for the peek!
4. On our planet we have different methods of education. (Shhh! No, I didn’t give it away… keep your antennae down!)
3. Oh my goodness! I thought that today was Saturday…come on kids, hurry!
2. Noooooope.Me ‘n Bubba jes’ learns ’em at home. Werks reel good!
And the number one answer we should NEVER give to the question: “What? No school today?”
1. “What? No Bingo today?”
* * *
A Homeschool Mom’s NON-Resolutions
1. I resolve to NOT try and make my children “perfect” homeschooling examples.
2. I resolve to NOT try and prove that I am a “perfect” homeschooling parent.
3. I resolve to NOT try and compare myself to every other homeschooling parent.
4. I resolve to NOT give up on expecting the best from myself.
5. I resolve to NOT give up on my students.
6. I resolve to NOT give up on my curriculum without giving it a serious try (2 weeks may not be a serious try – only you can determine what that is!)
7. I resolve to NOT get discouraged when I have bad days, but to call someone on the phone who may encourage me in some way (prayer, a cup of coffee, or just saying “it’s okay”!).
8. I resolve to NOT forget to plug into a support group for my support and theirs!
9. I resolve to NOT forget that all Teachers get Teacher Work Days for a reason. You have control over yours. Take them!
10. I resolve to NOT make unbelievable and unacceptable New Year’s Resolutions. ~from the “Homeschooler’s Notebook”